Kentucky Fried Chicken on Belfast’s upper Newtownards Road has, according to this story, been fined £12,000 for selling undercooked food.
Its owners, Herbel Restaurants, were taken to court by the city council after a complaint by a customer. The court heard Herbal Restaurants has been prosecuted seven times in six years, with fines totalling £32,000. The council was quoted as saying, “The complaint was taken very seriously by the council as raw chicken is regularly contaminated with food poisoning bacteria.”
A Belfast council spokesman was quoted as saying, “This type of food poisoning causes diarrhoea, fever, abdominal pain which can mimic acute appendicitis, and can last for up to a week.
KFC fined for undercooked chicken