One in five chicken products sold in UK supermarkets are contamined with campylobacter, according to a new investigation by Which?

Which? tested standard, oranic and free-range whole chickens and chicken portions from Aldi, Asda, The Co-operative, Lidl, M&S, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Waitrose, taking a total of 193 samples. They found that one in five

San Joaquin County is experiencing a marked increase in the number of cases of campylobacteriosis, a gastrointestinal disease that is one of the most common causes of diarrhea in the United States.

County Health Officer Dr. Karen Furst said there were almost 100 more cases reported in 2010 compared with 2009 — 233 vs. 135

USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service has announced implementation of revised and new performance standards aimed at reducing the prevalence of salmonella and campylobacter in young chickens and turkeys.

The improved standards, effective in July 2011, will assist establishments slaughtering chickens and turkeys to reduce pathogens such as salmonella and campylobacter in their products. In

Shoppers are being warned to wash their hands after picking up a chicken wrapped in plastic, after a study revealed 40 per cent of supermarket samples were contaminated with dangerous bacteria.

Local health officials found evidence of the campylobacter bug on chicken cartons, which can induce vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain.

The food safety team

Public health officials are investigating an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness among people who ate at Hinerwadel’s Grove in North Syracuse.

At least seven people in Central New York became ill with the bacterial infection Campylobacter after eating at Hinerwadel’s Sept. 15, according to the Onondaga County Health Department. The infection can cause diarrhea, abdominal cramps

County and state health officials on Friday said several people have become ill after consuming water from a privately owned public water supply near Hebgen Lake.  The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services has confirmed 14 cases of campylobacter gastrointestinal illness, a common sickness, the Gallatin County Health Department said in a statement